Friday 24 August 2012

Stephen Fry – Writer/ Broadcaster/ Actor

b. 24 August, 1957
“I suppose it all began when I came out of the womb. I looked back up at my mother and thought to myself, ‘That’s the last time I’m going up one of those.’”
21 on the DS list of the "50 Most Influential Gays", 2011:
Actor, author, broadcaster, Twitter addict … Stephen’s credentials goes on longer than his witty monologues. He’s narrated all the Harry Potter audiobooks, hosts quiz show QI, has penned best-selling autobiographies, and was one half of comedy double-act Fry and Laurie. He’s also fought a long battle with bi-polar disorder and suffered a nervous breakdown in 1995 while appearing in the West End. But he’s an inspiration as he’s come through the other side stronger and better than ever. When asked when he first acknowledged his sexuality, he quipped: “I suppose it all began when I came out of the womb. I looked back up at my mother and thought to myself, ‘That’s the last time I’m going up one of those.’” Currently, he’s dating stage actor Steven Webb.
 Books:

Moab Is My Washpot
The Fry Chronicles. 

Liar
Revenge: A Novel
Hippopotamus

The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within






No comments:

Post a Comment